At A New Image Cosmetic Laser Center we would love to help you improve the look and health of your skin with microdermabrasion treatment. Here in Claremore and pryor laser skin resurfacing is one of our specialities.
This uses a minimally invasive instrument and provides many benefits to your skin. It is a very gentle exfoliation procedure that is like sanding your skin as it removes the thicker, uneven epidermis layer.
This skin renewal treatment is helpful to address sun damage, stretch marks, light scarring, and discoloration.
WHAT CAN MICRODERMABRASION DO?
The list of benefits of microdermabrasion is long due to the effects that the procedure has on collagen production as well as the resurfacing itself. Collagen is the protein throughout your skin that was in abundant supply as a child making skin look smooth, plump, elastic and taut. Unfortunately as we age collagen production begins to decrease and we start seeing saggy, lose, and uneven skin. Microdermabrasion gently and effectively address the following concerns.
- Age spots and blackheads are lessened with a decrease in appearance.
- Hyperpigmentation (areas of darkened skin) will be lightened.
- Fine lines and wrinkles will be much less in appearance.
- Acne and the scars left from acne also can respond well to microdermabrasion.
- A refreshed appearance results when your skin is exfoliated.
- Stretch marks appear less prominent.
- Pore size is reduced and enlarged pores can be eliminated.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING A CONSULTATION FOR MICRODERMABRASION?
During your microdermabrasion consultation with our skin care professional be prepared to discuss:
- Your skincare goals and concerns past and present.
- drug allergies, medical treatments and medical conditions will be important to discuss.
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries if applicable
- Current skin care regiment
Your physician or skin care professional may also:
- Evaluate your general health status as well as any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss microdermabrasion procedure and options
- Recommend a course of treatment as well as supplements and skin care products that are beneficial
- Discuss any risks, complications and your potential likely outcomes of microdermabrasion.
- Check for skin lessons that need to be referred to a physician.
Be sure to ask your skin care professional questions about your upcoming procedure.
It’s very important to understand all aspects of any procedure you are undertaking including microdermabrasion. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of stress before your appointment. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your skin care professional.
Some questions you might ask
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What can I do to get the best results from my skin care treatment?
- Where and how is my procedure performed ?
- Is the office-based facility accredited by a nationally or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what additional followup may be needed?
- What are the complications and risks associated with my procedure?
- How are followup concerns handled?
- Are there before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me to anticipate? I want to have reasonable expectations.
At ANI Claremore and Pryor skin resurfacing we can answer these and other questions.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF MICRODERMABRASION?
Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure and any discomfort that may occur is very temporary. Any redness or swelling that you experience typically is gone within a couple of hours. Your skin will be flakey and dry feeling for the next several days.
Other considerations include staying out of the sun immediately following your treatment and always use a good sunscreen with at lease 30 SPF. In the event that minor bruising occurs from the suction it should be gone in a couple of days.
At ANI Claremore and pryor skin resurfacing the risks are minimal.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS OF A MICRODERMABRASION PROCEDURE?
Think of a very tiny sand blaster and you will have a pretty good idea of how microdermabrasion works. Micro particles are used to eliminate the top layer of your epidermis. This in turn stimulates collagen production and new skin growth.
Your skin care professional at A New Image Cosmetic laser Center uses a hand-held device that streams tiny crystals across your skin. There is also an attached vacuum that simultaneously suctions those exfoliating crystals back into the machine, along with the dead or loosened skin.
Microdermabrasion treatments will typically last about a half hour. As the procedure removes the superficial skin cells clients typically describe a mild scratching feeling.
Additionally, you’ll notice a vibrating sensation similar to a massage. There is also a suction mechanism to lift off the dead skin.
The first step is to call us at A New Image Cosmetic Laser center for Claremore and Pryor skin resurfacing.
WHAT RESULTS SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER MY MICRODERMABRASION?
Two microdermabrasion treatments per month is a great place to start and then follow up with one per month as part of a good maintenance plan.
Depending on the damage your skin has experienced you should have a more radiant polished look that is long lasting depending on the number of treatments you have received.
ARE THERE ANY SUPPLEMENTS AND LIFE STYLE ISSUES THAT ADDRESS SKIN CARE AND OVERALL AGING?
What is a good diet for skin health?
Most importantly eat a large quantity and variety of colorful fruits as well as dark green and leafy vegetables. Also be sure to get a variety of brightly colored fruits such as blueberries and raspberries.
Water is vital to skin health inside as well as on the outside. You should drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water every day.
Additionally we offer a Skin Care Bundle with supplements including Vitamin C, Collagen, and Zinc. Each of these are vital for skin health and anti-aging
Exercise is also important to stimulate circulation.
You can expect beautiful results for Claremore and Pryor skin resurfacing at ANI.
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS TO CONSIDER BEFORE TREATMENT
Although microdermabrasion is a gentle, non-invasive treatment, you should always seek the opinion of a physician before getting this treatment either at a spa or even using an at-home microdermabrasion kit if you: Have a mole or other spot on your skin that is suspicious that is growing, bleeding, or changing in any way. This spot could be a skin cancer. Your skin care professional should also help to address any concern regarding recurring skin lessons.
Your safety and results are our first concern for Claremore and Pryor skin resurfacing.
“If you would like to schedule your visit, you can give us a call at 918-341-2000 or you can visit us online and contact us there by going to Anewimageok.com”