All About Cutera’s Limelight FacialsTreatment for Skin Redness, Tiny Veins, Brown Spots and Sun Damage and Age spots.
The Cutera’s Limelight Facial is a new, non-invasive approach to treating benign pigmented and vascular lesions using Cutera’s Limelight. The procedure is particularly focused on improving skin tone and surface imperfections associated with aging and sun damage.
So what exactly is a Cutera’s Limelight Facial?
How does it differ from a traditional facial? Though it is called a ‘facial’ it differs considerably from what you might think about the typical spa facial comprising these basic steps: cleansing, analysis, exfoliation, extraction, massage, mask, and moisturizing. While it’s overall goal is to improve the appearance of the skin it uses a unique, radically different approach to addressing skin health and revitalization. Skin tone, surface imperfections and fine lines are addressed on the face as well as any part of the neck and upper part of the torso. Even more difficult to resolve issues should show visible improvement after receiving a claremore and pryor Limelight facial including brown spots (age spots), skin redness and tiny visible veins.
WHAT IS THE MECHANISM OF Cutera’s Limelight FACIAL APPROACH
and how does Claremore and Pryor Limelight Facial really work?
- A handheld wand is touched to the skin delivering a pulse of light to the treatment area.
- Patients may experience only a mild pinching or stinging sensation and a cooling gel will be applied to minimize any discomfort which might be described as a mild stinging or mild pinching sensation. Typically the sensations are mild enough that anesthesia and pain medication are unnecessary for most patients.
- You can plan on under an hour for your Cutera’s Limelight facial treatment, although the duration could certainly depend on the extent of your treatment;
- many patients see the results they desire within one to three Cutera’s Limelight Facial visits. Due to excessive sun damage and other more severe cases additional treatments may be needed, but this will be determined by our skin care professional based on your individual case as you progress through treatments.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT TO SEE?
At the time of treatment and immediately following you should expect to see some swelling, redness and darkening of your brown spots. These side effects are mild enough that they can be covered with regular makeup while the skin heals and the brown spots begin to flake off. Then for the next several weeks following your Claremore and Pryor Limelight Facial, your skin will slowly begin to reveal more even tone as the mottling fades. Your results will continue to improve with each successive treatment, until your final target complexion has been achieved.
Repeated treatments or combining and rotating procedures can be effective for resolving recurring problems like acne, rosacea or hyperpigmentation. Your skin care professional at Claremore and Pryor Limelight Facials guide you through this often confusing maze of options and always offer a free consultation. You will find Cutera’s Limelight Facials to be an important part of reaching your goals.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
Your skin care professional at A New Image Claremore and Pryor Limelight Facial will evaluate your skin and make recommendations. Typically a series of 4 treatments are recommended every 35-45 days. For a 2D effect, this procedure may also be combined with the Laser Genesis for maximum results.
WILL THE SPOTS AND REDNESS REAPPEAR OVER TIME?
New brown spots, telangiectasia and diffuse redness may appear with new sun damage; however they also can always be treated. Remember to apply broad-spectrum sunscreen daily and reapply regularity when outdoors to minimize sun damage and the appearance of new spots and diffuse redness. Rosacea is chronic and cannot be “cured” with any laser or light source, however its appearance can be improved and can be addressed through functional medicine testing.
PLANNING FOR MY TREATMENT
Skin consultation is required prior to treatment. We will typically schedule your treatment in a separate appointment. Our skin care professionals at A New Image Claremore and Pryor Limelight Facial will advise you.
- No Sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks before your treatment date.
- Ask about medications or supplements that may increase the risk of bruising.
- Stop any treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
- If you have a history of cold sores or herpes you may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
You should notify our clinic if you have any questions, or if you have any changes to your medications prior to your last treatment or consultation.
WHAT CAN I DO TO MAINTAIN MY SKIN HEALTH!
How can I maintain optimal health and wellness?
Here are a few healthy living tips that can definitely optimize your general health as well as the health and look of your facial skin.
- Eating a majority of your diet as plant-based foods- lots of brightly colored fruits and veggies.
- Consuming a well-balanced diet of high quality proteins, good fats and fruits and veggies.
- Taking multivitamin supplements to fill in any gaps and support all systems. Specific additional vitamins for skin health include Vitamin C, Zinc, and high quality Collagen. Ask about our ‘Beauty Bundle’.
- having balanced hormones is also very important for skin health. Ask us about this also.
- Getting regular exercise daily. Plan ways to stay active, walk 10,000 steps per day.
- Getting plenty of good quality sleep. It is recommended to get 7-9 hours per day and going to bed hours before midnight is very important.
- Not smoking anything. Cigarettes, pipes, vapes etc.. you get the idea.
- Avoiding excessive alcohol. Recent research places that number at 2 drinks per week. Better yet, avoiding it all together may be the best recommendation.
- Reducing stress. How you do this can be very individual but meditation, exercise and reframing your stressors are all effective.
- Practicing safe sex always.
Our team at A New Image Med Spa and Claremore Health Associates are here for regular wellness checkups or follow-up visits for an illness or disease. If you experience new or unusual symptoms of a health problem, see your provider for an evaluation. We are also very excited to offer Functional Medicine testing as well as highest quality functional medicine supplements.
Take charge of health maintenance by seeing a wellness specialist regularly. Call A New Image Med Spa at 918 341-2000