Tell me about Laser Genesis at Claremore and Pryor laser Genesis.
- Broadly, Laser Genesis is a procedure that uses a laser to provide a gentle heating of the dermis layer of the skin to effect collagen production as well as new cell growth.
- The most common side effects are slight swelling and redness. It is a very safe procedure with minimal side effects.
- Laser genesis is sometimes called the ‘lunch break procedure’ due to the fact that it can take as little as 30 minutes and has virtually no downtime.
- it is always very important to find a well trained skin-care professional with proper medical supervision for any laser procedure.
- typically you will find that your skin looks brighter, your pore size appears reduced and you look more youthful following the treatment. One treatment is helpful but you should plan for anywhere from three to six treatments spaced by several weeks or as recommended by your skin care professional to get the maximal results.
WHAT IS LASER GENESIS?
At claremore and Pryor Laser Genesis your skiing care professional uses a Cutera laser to gently heat the upper layers of the skin. This is a very comfortable treatment and most clients really enjoy. The results of this gentle heating stimulate new cell growth and especially collagen production. The result of this is reduce and fade scarring, broken blood vessels, redness and rosacea.
You will need to plan on a minimum of three and up to six treatments to obtain the greatest results and ideally once a year thereafter you should repeat the procedure to maintain your results.
HOW MUCH DOES LASER GENESIS COST?
The cost will vary some dependent on the package that you have purchased. Your skin care professional will assist you in creating the most cost-efficient program for you. You need not take time off from work which helps to make this a very cost effective adjunct to skin health and anti aging. As this is an elective cosmetic procedure it is not typically covered by insurance.
WHO DOES LASER GENESIS WORK FOR?
Your skin care professional at Claremore Pryor Laser Genesis will tell you during your consultation that this works for all skin types and skin tones who are looking to reduce redness, fine lines and increase skin smoothness. It is always recommended that pregnant women avoid laser treatments.
SO, HOW DOES THIS LASER GENESIS ACTUALLY WORK?
The laser penetrates into the dermis skin layer and heats the area with a quick laser burst. This encourages growth of new skin cells and particularly collagen which plumps the skin and increases smoothness and elasticity and decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The heat also constricts blood vessels which addresses the redness and reduces rosacea also treating acne and other dim or scaring.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY LASER GENESIS TREATMENT?
The laser beam is delivered through a small handheld wand which is connected to the larger laser machine used by your skin care professional right in our office at Claremore Pryor Laser Genesis center. You will be positioned comfortable with your pulled back off of your face and you will be wearing protective glasses to cover your eyes. The entire treatment Can be done in a little as 30 minutes. Most people say that it is entirely painless and that the gentle heating feels like sun on your skin.
WHAT AREAS ARE TARGETED BY LASER GENESIS?
Laser genesis is suitable for use on the skin anywhere on your body but most typically is performed on the face and neck. Other areas where some appreciate the results include shoulders, hands and décolletage.
Are there any risks or side effects?
Laser genesis is considered a very low risk procedure. The most common side effect is redness after treatment that will typically clear on its own within a few days. If you’ve ever had a reaction to a laser of any type, consult with your doctor before a laser genesis treatment.
SHOULD I EXPECT ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
This is a very safe procedure with recovery time minimal. You will notice an immediate glow or slight redness to the skin and should be able to resume normal activities immediately with the exceptions of sun exposure and anything that causes heating to the skin like sauna. As with any procedure such as this you should use a good quality sunscreen on a daily basis but especially immediately following the treatment. You should see noticeable results in 3 to 4 weeks as the new skin and collagen are emerging.
You will want to plan for three to six treatments total as recommended by your skin care professional with a yearly follow up treatment. The results of course vary according to the condition of your skin and your treatment goals. Your skin care professional will guide you to skin care products that help with maintaining your results.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
You may meet with our skin professional here at A New Image Claremore Pryor Laser Genesis to discuss your options and costs involved. She will advise you to avoid tanning or any extensive sun exposure for the week or so before your procedure. You should come to your appointment with cleans dry skin with no make-up.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO IMPROVE THE LOOK AND HEALTH OF MY SKIN?
You do a lot to extend and support your treatments here at A New Image Laser Centers in Claremore and Pryor Laser Genesis.
- A diet that is rich in colorful fruits and veggies is foundational as is drinking water. -You should drink one half your body weight in ounces of water on a daily basis.
- We also offer very high quality supplements that are vital for skin health. It is always advisable to start with a functional medicine quality daily multi vitamin.
- Our skin care Beauty Bundle includes Advanced Collagen Support, Full Spectrum Vitamin C, and Balanced Zinc. These are all highest quality functional medicine supplements from Equi Life. Be sure to ask our skin care professional about these.
Call today to schedule your Claremore or Pryor Laser Genesis appointment at 918 341-2000.