$1 Dermaplane Treatment
Want to know about Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a procedure that is helpful in exfoliating your facial skin. Many people struggle with unwanted hair and are intimidated when trying to find a solution. Dermaplaning is an established medical option for those who need facial hair and dead skin removed. A sterile, surgical scalpel is used to steadily remove the layer of skin/hair on your face. Although the procedure is performed on the face, some areas including the nose and eyebrows are typically avoided. There are no worries about recovery time after (post) treatment and it only takes about half an hour.
Imagine trying to put on your make-up and it just doesn’t stick! This can be an issue for many women. Exfoliating and rejuvenating your facial cells and removing certain hair results in healthier, smoother skin with that glowing look and feel. If there is too much hair and dead skin, dirt and oil can build up excessively which can cause unnecessary problems. After the exfoliation has taken place your skin can accept products more effectively. Your cells can be stimulated & regenerated thus resulting in better skin penetration. Did you know that Vellus hairs (not terminal hair) will not grow back more aggressively? That myth can be your benefit.
Dermaplaning is for Who?
- Those that want to remove unwanted facial hair or dead skin.
- Those that feel that their skin needs to be stimulated (mature skin with less cellular capability or growth)
- Those that are having issues applying make up because of their skin or hair (or both).
- Those that are currently avoiding chemical peels that may be contraindicated (pregnant women).
Dermaplaning may not be for you if…
- You have thick & dark facial hair.
- Very oily skin and aggressive acne (which can become inflamed with this procedure)
- If you have an excessive fear of a scalpel.
- If you believe that Dermaplaning is the same as shaving with an at home razor (ask our professionals about the difference!).